Can't update launcher to latest version

I have a notification saying “New Launcher update (1.9.8) is ready to be installed. Please restart to finish the update.”

I clicked Update and got the error “NVIDIA Omniverse Launcher cannot be closed. Please close it manually and click Retry to continue”.

When I click Cancel I get the error "Failed to uninstall old application files. Please try running the installer again.: 2

@keith.reilly if you are on Windows, have you tried quitting via the system tray? the worst case is to restart your system to see if the updates goes through when you try starting the Launcher.

Yes but when I do that it closes the update window too.

do you have the new .exe downloaded? can you try first quitting out of the Launcher via the system tray, then run the .exe. when you said “it closes the update window too”, are you referring to the progress bar window? or the Launcher window?

when i updated on my end, i did see the same prompt of

“NVIDIA Omniverse Launcher cannot be closed. Please close it manually and click Retry to continue”

then i quit through system tray, then hit ‘Retry’. i never cancelled the installation.

Ah I see. I tried closing down just the Launcher in the ‘Background processes’ and it worked. Originally I was closing the Launcher in the ‘Apps’ section. Thanks for your help, all working fine now.

1 Like

Great to hear

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.