Capture stream from a Capture Box as Deepstream input

Hi, my question is - can one use stream data from a Video Capture Box for DeepStream?
In my case it is AverMedia AVerMedia CU511B
(USB 3.0 Capture Box CU511B│AVerMedia)

Such Video Capture Boxes (VCBs) are mainly used to get video signal from old VGA / DVI ports and allows to write them into files, watch them, etc.
I tested that VLC video player, for example, can connect to this device and show resulting videostream. But there is no ip:port or link to connect to Deepstream as an rtsp stream (I don’t even now if the video stream is rtsp in fact). Does anyone has experience with such setups and how to connect such a device’s output to DeepStream?

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
• DeepStream Version
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

Hi, bcao.

I’m very sorry for my tardiness. Got swamped in a period of panic attacks. Couldn’t make myself to even open the forum.
Happens to me sometimes and I vanish for a bit. Sorry again.

So, these are the requested parameters.
The platform is dGPU (RTX 2080 TI), Ubuntu (regular stationary PC, basically)
DeepStream Version - 5.1
TensorRT Version (default in official DS 5.1 Docker container)
NVIDIA GPU Driver - 460.80.
Issue type - Question

Any of the version of the drivers and/or DS are optional, I can install new ones if required. I can even buy Jetson if dGPU on a regular PC kind of setup doesn’t work.

My question is really a bit general - how can i connect DS to such types of devices for online inference of videostreams (described in the original message)?

You mean capture Box, what’s capture Box, could you share more details about that?

Hi, bcao.
I supplied the link to the manufacturer’s page with all the descriptions in my original message. And the description of what I know about this class of devices.

Do you need some additional information? Could you, please, be more specific and I’ll gladly try to find it.

Seems you need to make sure the connection can be supported by the hardware, after that, you can deploy it on DS