A product I built for windows uses this device or their AV.io SDI-USB3 device to convert video, 1080p60, from DVI or SDI to USB3. This actually works very well, not expensive and fully controllable using the UVC driver in Windows.
Naturally, I would like this to work with my TX2 for a different project. Now that I removed the green lens protector from the included CSI camera that seems to be working fine. However, using VLC, I can connect to the device and it brings up a single image rather than video. I tried it with the imagenet-camera application in jetson-inference and it brings up an image rather than video. The image looks like the original frame has been appended to the right a few times.
I tried the camera and converter using VLC on my Ubuntu host machine (the NUC I flashed the TX2 from) and it works great! 1080p60 no problem.
Being new to TX2, I have dug into this forum looking for answers. I see a lot of references to “building the UVC” driver and gstreamer. Neither which I am familiar with nor have I found any clues on how to configure UVC and the build it.
If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be most appreciative.