carrier board for Jetson TX2

Hello,
i want to ask about carrier board. the Nvidia Jetson TX2 must be supplied with max 19V DC, and after i read the design guide and schematics for development kit, the main power must be regulate from 19V to 5V to 3V3 and 1V8. it is okay if i use any type of switching regulator / LDO to regulate the main DC power source???
as simple as regulate 12V to 5V using LM2576 (for example)… it is possible???

Thanks
BR,
Kiky

Hi, yes, it is possible, but you need to check the datasheet to compare the characters of it to that of TPS53015/APW8805 used in dev kit so as to confirm they are compatible.

So, we have to use switching regulator which has same characteristic with TPS53015/APW8805?

If we do not use net like “CARRIER_PWR_ON” , “RESET_OUT_L” , “SOC_PWR_REQ” , “VIN_PWR_BAD_L” that connected to GPU based on development kit schematics, is it okay?
I mean, we only use the regulated voltages like 5V, 3V3 and 1V8. so, we plan to use switching regulator which don’t have “Power Good” or “Enable” pin.

thanks for reply

No, please keep those signals design same as OEM DG, because there is control sequence request for that.