Cellular Modem Integration With Pegasus

Hi,

I’m attempting to integrate a Sierra Wireless EM7565 modem via USB with the Pegasus for a POC. I need to install the correct drivers enabling it to work via QMI (qcserial and qmi_wwan etc.). From my experience with the Jetson platform this requires a compilation of the kernel with the correct configuration. How can I achieve this on the Pegasus? (hopefully without Kernel compilation, but if it’s needed, how is it done?)

Thanks!

Hardware Platform: DRIVE AGX Pegasus™ Developer Kit
Software Version: DRIVE Software 10
Host Machine Version: native Ubuntu 18.04
SDK Manager Version: 1.0.1.5538

Dear @alexk2,
The Kernel compilation instructions are provided at https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/drive_os_5.1.6.1L/nvvib_docs/index.html#page/DRIVE_OS_Linux_SDK_Development_Guide/Appendix/sys_programming_kernel_toolchain.html

Dear @SivaRamaKrishnaNV,
How do I obtain the files described in the guide? I’ve installed the SDK but I have no kernel sources and headers.

Hi @alexk2,

Please refer to below topic. Thanks!

Hi @VickNV,

I was able to do the modifications I needed by compiling the extra drivers as modules. However, I needed to flash the system using the SDK manager and that took forever. For future reference, is there any better way of flashing a particular Kernel (Xavier A for example)?

Please try below commands. It may make it half time.

$ cd ~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS_DDPX/DRIVEOS/pdkinstaller
$ ./pdkinstaller --installtype bindflash --boardtype ES --pdkinstalledpath $HOME/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS_DDPX/DRIVEOS --configjson ./manifests/install_pdk_config/av_ddp_pegasus_hyp71_linux_tegraA_install_config.json --consoleout enable