Center View Command or Zoom all

Good morning all, newbie in Omniverse here.

I started using View and Create and to my disappointment I couldn’t use my SpaceMouse for Navigation (I already posted about it somewhere else, no worries)
But now, how do I center the view on the objects present in the scene ? It is usually called Zoom all or Center on Object in other apps, maybe there is another way, happy to learn.

Also, do we have a command prompt ? Just like the one in Autocad or Rhino ? That would make things easier.

Hello @Alakelele! The dev team is working on integrating the SpaceMouse SDK into Omninverse, but it’s not ready just yet!

You can press F to center your view around a selected target if that helps. Here is a link to our keyboard shortcuts: Keyboard Shortcuts — Omniverse Code documentation

1 Like

Thanks for being so reactive, it works in Create where you can actually select object but not in View where you can’t select, there should be a center all command in case people get lost (it happens more often than you might think)

You guys are pretty discrete on this forum, any updates on a way to refocus the view the View App ?

You might still be in Orbit Mode. On the toolbar in the middle of the viewport you might see the blue highlighted icon for Orbit. You cannot select anything whilst in this mode. Disengage it to then select things as normal with the mouse and use the “Frame” icon. “F” key does not work in View at this time.

Any updates on SpaceMouse SDK integration into Omniverse? Thanks

We are not able to do this integration without SpaceMouse doing the work and they are not willing. Please ask them on their forum.

For additional context, I was very happy to have met 3DConnexion at their SIGGRAPH 2023 booth. When we followed up afterward, they shared that although they do not have time to work on it themselves, they are able to provide technical support and testing services to anyone working on adding support for SpaceMouse.

There is a great member of the community (Discord ID: md84419) who has started work on it, but he may be moving this to his own GitHub and renaming the extension: GitHub - roboticaml/robotica-ext-spacemouse

If any developer from the community decides to help work on this, please reach out to me via Discord (edmendi) and I am happy to help coordinate!

P.S. Click here for more info on GTC 2024 (March 17-21) will be in San Jose, CA!

he / him | LinkedIn | Discord ID: edmendi
Omniverse: “A New Era of Collaboration and Simulation” (video)

As seen in VentureBeat | Physics Showcase

Omniverse Resources:
Omniverse | Documentation | Tech Requirements | Videos | Roadmap | Twitter | Discord | Twitch

PLEASE NOTE: If you are reporting a bug/issue, please provide OS, GPU, GPU Driver, the version of the app, and full log file (if applicable). For crashes, please zip and provide a link to your logs → C:\Users\ [YOUR NAME] \ .nvidia-omniverse\logs

1 Like