Change camera parameter settings?

Hello,

I’m currently using Sekonix AR0231 SF3324/5/6-100 (RCCB sensor) cameras with the nvmimg_cap sample. I’m able to use a sample configuration that shoots in raw12 at 1920x1208. Is it possible to shoot with a different input/surface format and to also shoot at a different resolution?

Thanks!

Dear acai1,

Could you please refer to below link for your topic? Thanks.

https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/nvvib_docs/index.html#page/NVIDIA%2520DRIVE%2520Linux%2520SDK%2520Development%2520Guide%2FMultimedia%2Fnvmedia_nvmimg_cap.html

Hi SteveNV,

Thank you for the reply. I looked at the img_cap documentation further especially the “Camera Power Control” and “Camera Register Control” sections. I have also successfully run the examples provided. Where can I find more information on the other register addresses and values available to control as well as additional information on how to change such other registers?

Thanks,
Alan

Dear acai1,

Can I know what you’re trying to control? Thanks.

Hi SteveNV,

I’m trying to control the shooting resolution of the AR0231 camera sensor. Currently, the default resolution is 1920x1208 and I would like to shoot at a smaller resolution. Also, is it possible to encode a different surface format (i.e. RGB) using such registers?

Thanks!

Dear acai1,

I believe you can make some configuration files for your testing with “Image Camera Capture (nvmimg_cap)” in the above provided link.

In addition, please refer to below link also for your topic. Thanks.

NvMedia Surface Allocation
NvMedia Porting Guide

Hi SteveNV,

I have tried to change the config passed with “nvmimg_cap” and the application works for all the included configs for the AR0231 lens. However, when I modify the resolution parameter (to something other than “1920x1208 or 1920x1008”) in the .conf file and run “nvmimg_cap” I get the following errors:

nvmedia: ERROR: CaptureInit: 360
nvmedia: ERROR: Init: doesn't support the given property, check input param and image property
nvmedia: ERROR: CaptureInit: Failed to initialize ISC devices
nvmedia: ERROR: CaptureInit: Failed to initialize Capture
nvmedia: ERROR: main: Failed to Initialize Capture

Is there some other way to change the shooting resolution to a custom resolution using the configuration files?

Thanks!