Change kernel boot options

I have a Xavier NX develop board(L4T_32.6.1). I want to change kernel boot options like remove “console=tty0”. I did it by changing /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf, but it did not work. What should I do for this?

Thanks

Set ODMDATA bit19:18 to 00 inside your board config and reflash the board so that you can change the “console”.

Thanks, Wayne.

Is there any easy way to change boot options like edit extlinux.conf? I will also need add and change other boot options.

For “console”, you need to modify ODMDATA, otherwise cboot will use this setting to keep console always there.

For rest of options, you can directly add in extlinux.conf.

ok. I will try it.

BTW, I am not sure if I should open a new thread or I can also ask in this thread.

Actually I want to disable/remove the kernel boot log output on screen, I want to try if it can be done by removing “console=tty0”.

If you have other better way to support that, I really appreciate that.

Yes, it shall work by removing that.

On my board config, ODMDATA=0xB8190000, so change ODMDATA bit19:18 to 00 is below:
from
1011 1000 0001 1001 0000 0000 0000 0000
to
1011 1000 0001 0001 0000 0000 0000 0000

BTW, which partition should I flash for this change? I just want to flash as less as much, dont want to flash all.

sorry that odmdata can only be updated with full flash.

I just tested, modifying ODMDATA does not work. But I can remove “console=tty0” in CMDLINE_ADD in board config file. This works.

What does not work? I think you misunderstood something.

When I modified ODMDATA, I still saw “console=tty0” in kernel boot options, and I still saw the kernel boot log output on screen.
If I dont change ODMDATA, but remove “console=tty0” in CMDLINE_ADD in board config file. This can remove “console=tty0” in kernel boot options and I dont see kernel boot log output on screen.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.