I’m currently in the tail end of a POC for a client that has been going rather well up until we added a particular bit of software into the mix.
We’re running a Dell 720 with 2x K2 cards along with ESXi 6.0 and XenDesktop/XenApp 7.6. Our machines are Windows 7 x64 along with 8-16GB of RAM and 8vCPU’s. We have also tried running this software with the GRID K260q and K220q profiles with little difference in performance.
Basically with all of the software we have tested, save for one in particular, the POC has gone rather well. However, when we added AutoDesk Civil3D into the mix, the performance of that application has halted our progress.
The symptoms are as follows:
-Poor "orbit/rotation" resulting in the model "degrading/simplifying" into a basic block model-Long delays between commands (orbit, pan, redraw, etc)
-Sluggishness when operating in the UI
I have gone through and performed some of the recomended “performance optimizations” that I have found about the internet. However, I still feel that the performance falls WAY short of what we’re able to do with some of the other software. I’m even able to run fully graphically intense applications (games, facial renders, etc) with ease. I understand that the mathmatical application is diferent, but this is downright awful in some instances.
I’m reaching out through different aveunes to see what assistance in troubleshooting this. I’ll be attempting to work with AutoDesk on the issue as well. I’m hoping that others have come across this and may have some insight into the issue.