CL/GL Interop

Is sharing OpenGL Textures with OpenCL possible in the current release?

I am able to create OpenCL image objects with the clCreateFromGLTexture2D function, but when I am trying to read data from (clEnqueueReadImage) or write (clEnqueueWriteImage or clEnqueueCopyImage) to the OpenCL image object a CL_INVALID_VALUE error occurs. Sharing of BufferObjects works fine though.

Haven’t tried it myself, but I believe it should work. What you can check is the list of supported image formats for your OpenCL implementation. Don’t know how to do this, but I vaguely remember discussions about this so a search either on this forum or khronos.org should give you some hints.

I have made several tests and my results are:

[*]CL image channel order is CL_BGRA and channel type is CL_UNORM_INT8 with GL format GL_RGBA (GeForce 8800 GTS)

[*]reading from and writing to textures with kernel works

[*]copying with clEnqueueCopyImage does not work even if both source and destination are created from OpenGL textures (so no image format conflicts can occur)

[*]reading from and writing to textures with clEnqueueReadImage and clEnqueueWriteImage or mapping with clEnqueueMapImage does not work, too.

Can anyone confirm these results?