Clarification on Memory Access issue

Hi,

I was looking for precise theoretical answers to the following memory access patterns in connection with non-atomic instructions only:

1. What happens when all or few warps from the same block are trying to write to the same global memory location? What if the write is surrounded by __syncthreads?

1. What happens when all or few warps from the same block are trying to write to the same shared memory location? What if the write is surrounded by __syncthreads?
    1. What happens when threads from different blocks are trying to write to the same global memory location?

I want to know if all writes succeed giving the correct output sooner or later? Are they all serialized? Etc. I thought I kind of knew the answers but certain behaviour in my code is really baffling me. Will appreciate if I can get clarifications on the above.

Thanks & regards,

Aditi

The PG says , one of the writes within a warp will succeed. But which write - is not guaranteed for non-atomic access.

Since warp scheduling is non-deterministic, the warp that last executed will leave the final value.