CLI option to enable/disable 32bit compatibility drivers in installer

Hi,

I was just trying to figure out what the command line switch is to say yes or no to installing the 32bit compatibility drivers when using the 64bit installer on Linux?

I’ve looked through various different READMEs and the output from -A from the installer and tried a couple of different versions but can’t figure out what the argument is?

I need to be able to install the drivers in an automated environment and to be able to choose whether or not to install 32 compatibility or not.

Thanks for your help!

Aaron

You can either use the --no-install-compat32-libs option, or download the -no-compat32 variant of the package to save yourself some bandwidth copying the package around.

Fantastic, and I assume it should install them by default otherwise? That didn’t seem to be the case in one of the versions I was trying out?

If you use the interactive mode for the installer, it’ll prompt you to ask whether you want to install them. If you use silent mode, it’ll install them by default if it can figure out where they’re supposed to go. Otherwise, it’ll spit out a warning to the installer log and then not install them. Check /var/log/nvidia-installer.log to see what it did.