Clone Jetson device fail

Hi everyone,
I use orin development kit the Jetpack version is 5.0 I use command

sudo ./flash.sh -r -k APP -G clone.img jetson-agx-orin-devkit mmcblk0p1

clone device then the clone.img size is 0, and clone.img.raw size is 62,225,330,688 byte (not a multiple of 4096)。Is anything wrong with flash.sh?

Sounds like this issue.

Though I am still not sure why I cannot reproduce this issue. Is it jp5.0 or jp5.0.1?

I use JetPack5.0, thanks.

Could you move to jp5.0.1? We won’t fix some issue on old release. Only from the latest release to check.

What is the kernel version in jp5.0.1? Is also 34.1?

Yes, it is same.

Referce to this link:
https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/failed-to-sparse-the-raw-to-img-due-to-the-size-of-system-img-raw-is-not-mulple-of-4096/215526/3
I find that the issue will happen when I flash the orin devkit by SDKmanager before cloning,
It’s successful if I flash devkit by command line before cloning.

sudo ./flash.sh -r jetson-agx-orin-devkit mmcblk0p1

Could you give some more detail? You means if your flash sdkmanager, and directly run the clone command without doing anything else, then you will hit this error?

Hi WayneWWW,
The fellowing steps as below, it works well.

1. Assemble the rootfs

$tar -xvf Jetson_Linux_R34.1.0_aarch64.tbz2
$ sudo tar -xpf Tegra_Linux_Sample-Root-Filesystem_R34.1.0_aarch64.tbz2
$ sudo ./apply_binaries.sh

1. Flash the devkit (This step is for generating some dependencies,such as /bootloader/esp.img)

$ sudo flash.sh jetson-agx-orin-devkit mmcblk0p1

1. Open Sdkmanager, and do not flash the orin devkit,only install all the components.
  2. Clone the image.

sudo ./flash.sh -r -k APP -G clone.img jetson-agx-orin-devkit mmcblk0p1

Hi @kenny_234 ,

Sorry for one question. What would happen if you don’t do step 1 but let sdkmanager do it all alone?

I mean sdkmanager will also install Linux_for_Tegra and rootfs to your host. If you use that one, would you still hit error?

If I don’t do step 2 flash development kit by sdkmanager then clone the clone.img.raw size is not mulple of 4096. I don’t know why flash the kit by sdkmanager will hit the error.

You mean you would also hit same issue if the whole work (flashing + installing sdk) is done by sdkmanager?

Yes.

Hi,

Sorry that I still cannot reproduce your error.

Are you sure you didn’t do anything (installing/removal) after you flash and install sdk with sdkmanger?

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

Is this still an issue to support? Any result can be shared? Thanks

please refer to Failed to sparse the raw to img due to the size of system.img.raw is not mulple of 4096 - #25 by WayneWWW

Rel-35.1 GA + this patch would resolve this issue.