Clone the NX

Hi, I am running NX to control a robocar for racing. There was a lot of collision and rollover during the race and the NX could be damaged. Since I spent a lot of effort to config and setup the NX, I would like to have a copy of the entire system so if I need an new NX, I can just flash it.

I am running my NX from a SSD following Jetsonhacks instructions Jetson Xavier NX - Run from SSD - JetsonHacks.

Could anyone recommend a way to clone my current NX to a new NX system?

in terminal dd is what you need to use.

some examples here:

you can dd to a second ssd bit for bit or create an image file on another system with space. However be certian you have your command correct dd = disk destroyer!

dd if=/dev/sdX of=/dev/sdX bs=1M status=progress

add the status=progress to see progress otherwise you have no direct feedback on progress

dd if=/dev/INPUT/DEVICE conv=sync,noerror bs=1M | gzip -c > /path/to/my-disk.image.gz

gunzip -c IMAGE.HERE-GZ | dd of=/dev/OUTPUT/DEVICE

https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/unix-linux-dd-create-make-disk-image-commands/

wipe drive
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdX bs=1M
wipe even more secure

dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sdX bs=1M 

hello AutoCar,

assume you had NX-A and NX-B, you’re having development on NX-A and would like to deploy the same image to NX-B.
if this NX-B is not flashed before, you should perform flash.sh for the 1st time to flash those “spi” partitions.
for example, $ sudo ./flash.sh -r jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-qspi mmcblk0p1
after that, the cloned rootfs (by using dd commands) from NX-A, it will works for NX-B.