Cloning Jetson Nano SD partition with flash.sh

Hi,

I am trying to clone a jetson nano image from the sd card of a devkit using:
sudo ./flash.sh -r -k APP -G system.img jetson-nano-qspi-sd mmcblk0p1

not sure what I am doing wrong, help would be appreciated.

It stops here:

0.1600 ] Sending BCTs
[ 0.1606 ] tegrarcm --download bct P3448_A00_4GB_Micron_4GB_lpddr4_204Mhz_P987.bct
[ 0.1613 ] Applet version 00.01.0000
[ 0.1772 ] Sending bct
[ 0.1773 ] […] 100%
[ 0.3545 ]
[ 0.3546 ] Retrieving storage infomation
[ 0.3577 ] tegrarcm --oem platformdetails storage storage_info.bin
[ 0.3606 ] Applet version 00.01.0000
[ 0.3781 ] 00000003: Could not initialize storage device
[ 0.8428 ]
[ 0.8461 ] tegradevflash --oem platformdetails storage storage_info.bin

hello npross,

we don’t support cloning for Nano SD.

1 Like

Hi @JerryChang

Is there ANY mechanism to read data back from a nano over USB via the recovery port?

The devices we are using come sealed from the manufacturer. Accessing the internal SD card is extremely difficult. The inability to read from the device makes certain procedures quite tedious and time-consuming…

Thanks!

Does the device boot? Do you have ethernet working to the device? If so, then you can use various methods. Those methods may not be perfect due to data changing during the read, but much could be copied. If the device does not boot and have root access over ethernet, then options go down.

An example of something which might work if you don’t have ethernet, but do have USB and root access, would be a thumb drive.

What kind of access do you have?

Accessing the internal SD card is extremely difficult. The inability to read from the device makes certain procedures quite tedious and time-consuming…

It sounds like whoever is providing you the devices doesn’t want modifications or their software copied. Can’t really help there. Kinda surprised they’re shipping devkits as well since my undertanding (correct me if i’m wrong, Nvidia) that production use is against the TOS :/

1 Like