CloudXR 3.0 crash in AppPaused method (Quest 2), is this one of the bugs that was fixed in 3.1 or 3.1.1?

Hi Nvidia, when I leave the play area and re-enter it multiple times in CloudXR 3.0 on Quest 2, triggering AppPaused / AppResumed, after a while (an indeterminate number of times), the app crashes inside AppPaused.

In the logcat I see these lines in the CloudXR library:

V/CloudXR: Failed nvstSetRuntimeParam: State transition to State-2 is invalid for FrameNum 303.
V/CloudXR: Eye1 processing thread shutdown.

V/CloudXR: Failed nvstSetRuntimeParam: State transition to State-2 is invalid for FrameNum 303.
V/CloudXR: Eye0 processing thread shutdown.

A/libc: Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 0x1000f in tid 18075 (main), pid 18036

I’m just curious if this is one of the stability fixes you already solved in 3.1 or 3.1.1.

Thanks!

Hello Belakampis1,

Can I get a bit more information: Can you clarify very precisely what ‘leave the play area’ means. Exact steps. And does it happen within SOME maximum count, some period of time: one hour, over the course of one day, over the course of many days?

Thanks,
Greg

Hi Greg, the crash occurs after stepping out of the Guardian boundary, upon re-entering it. Only thing, it doesn’t happen every time, but sometimes may take 5 enter/exits in a row. This is a problem for us. It’s all within a single session and I can make it crash reliably (every time), but only after a seemingly random amount of exiting / entering the play area.

However, to avoid wasting anyone’s time, I will first try to repro this in your basic CloudXR 3.1.1 sample for Quest and get back to you. I see a lot of changes to the state machine and it may be resolved already.