CloudXR v3.2 network environment and bitrate related issues

I,ve tried two ways: Windows Client and Oculus VR Client (Android) to connect to the server under the 3.1 and 3.2 version.
The following is my test environment and questions.

[Window Client]
Server: AWS EC2 Instance g4dn.xlarge
Client: Window Client(GPU GTX1080) + Meta Quest 2 (Oculus Link)

1. Whether I enter “-nic ethernet -nt wan” after IP or not, the log shows always that clientNetwork: 0, topology: 1 and max VideoBitrate: 100000.

1. When playing under v3.1 and v3.2, the maximum bitrate is around 70Mbps, and there is almost no difference.

[Oculus VR Client (Android)]
Server: AWS EC2 Instance g4dn.xlarge
Client: Oculus VR Client (Meta Quest 2)

1. I used the command “-s IP -nic wifi5ghz -nt wan maxVideoBitrateKbps=0“ in the .txt file. I added the option “maxVideoBitrateKbps=0” to make the value unlimited. The log shows that clientNetwork and topology have correctly changed the specified network channel, but the maxVideoBitrate value remains at 100000.

txt code

1. And when playing under v3.1 and v3.2, the maximum bitrate is still around 70Mbps.

My questions is:

1. Why does the result of entering -nic ethernet -nt wan in the Window Client seem invalid? But Oculus can; how to set the QoS environment and parameters by myself?

2. Is the parameter “maxVideoBitrate” the maximum bitrate that can transmit video? Is it adjustable? Currently changing this parameter has not seen any change.

Thanks!

Azure

2 Likes