code compile using pgf90/Red Hat 9.0 does not run in Fedora

Dear All,
I am very new to this Forum. I have compatibility problem between Red Hat 9.0 and Fedora Core 3.
I have an installed Fedora Core -3 on our eight node cluster and MPICH-1.2.6 is used for message passing library. I purchase a code and they provide an EXECUTABLE for this purpose. They have compiled the source code using Portland FORTRAN Compiler version. 4.0, gcc and MPICH-1.2.5 on Red Hat -9.0 operating system.
I tried to execute the binary code in sequential and parallel mode using MPICH-1.2.6 on our cluster which is running Fedora Core 3. The sequential code is running without any problem BUT the parallel refuse to execute on FC-3 system and gives following error.

p0_3807: p4_error: interrupt SIGSEGV: 11

When i ask to supplier, then they said that the binary might be not compatible with FC-3, because under Red Hat 9.0 environment, the code was compiled.
How to solve this problem? Is any trick so that i can execute the code on FC3?
Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank You

Sincerely Yours
Manoj
mksingh@cat.ernet.in

\

M. K. Singh
Scientist, CAT
Indore-MP
I N D I A

Hi Manoj,

MPICH is host dependant so statically linking an execuatable with an MPICH version built for one OS, will most likely not work on a different OS. If the executable is dynamically linked (i.e. uses libmpich.so) then there is a much better chance for portability. What’s the output of “ldd ”?

• Mat

Dear Mat
Thank for your reply. When i execute the command

$ ldd Pcrystal
Then is return that Pcrystal is not a dynamic executable.
You are right. This executable is not dynamically link with libmpich.a but it is Statically linked.
Have you any solution to overcome this problem?
Thank Again

Sincerely Yours
Manoj

Short of getting a new executable, I don’t know of any options. Perhaps someone else has an idea?

• Mat