Code compiled with -m64 fails but with -m32 works just fine Are there any special moments to remembe

I use XP64 … don’t have plans to migrate to 7 as lots of stuff will stop working after it. Seems like I have a dilemma - XP64 without Nsight or 7 with Nsight but with lots of migration problems also.

I use XP64 … don’t have plans to migrate to 7 as lots of stuff will stop working after it. Seems like I have a dilemma - XP64 without Nsight or 7 with Nsight but with lots of migration problems also.

In addition … if I understand right, you questions has a purpose to make sure that I don’t try to compile the kernel with -m64 under 32bit system ?

In addition … if I understand right, you questions has a purpose to make sure that I don’t try to compile the kernel with -m64 under 32bit system ?

I just thought that it was rare case xp64. Though after you told you are using 64 bit OS and told that nsight does not work on XP, I suggested that you use linux64 and windowx xp32 bit. Now I got you are on xp64. Maybe it is some cuda issue on this OS.

I just thought that it was rare case xp64. Though after you told you are using 64 bit OS and told that nsight does not work on XP, I suggested that you use linux64 and windowx xp32 bit. Now I got you are on xp64. Maybe it is some cuda issue on this OS.

To me this very much sounds like you are running out of registers, although I’m not sure about the error code returned.

To me this very much sounds like you are running out of registers, although I’m not sure about the error code returned.

Code 4 (unspecified launch failure). How can I run out of registers ? Kernel would not run at all if too many resources requested, I guess.

Code 4 (unspecified launch failure). How can I run out of registers ? Kernel would not run at all if too many resources requested, I guess.

That is what I suspected, yes.

That is what I suspected, yes.

You can try “Verbose PTXAS output” option to determine register pressure, anyway.

Which GPU architecture are you compiling for?

480 → cache options?

Just some thougths.

Oh, migration. Why don’t you put another harddisk in your system with win 7 64 on it and try things out in your own good time? Made migration lots easier for me.

You can try “Verbose PTXAS output” option to determine register pressure, anyway.

Which GPU architecture are you compiling for?

480 → cache options?

Just some thougths.

Oh, migration. Why don’t you put another harddisk in your system with win 7 64 on it and try things out in your own good time? Made migration lots easier for me.