Codeworks for Android Supporting latest SDK version (29 and up)

@TomNVIDIA any chance of getting the source code for CodeWorks. I’d love to continue working with it and would gladly update it myself.

Hi @vigmu2.games,

Sorry, I do not have access to source code.

Regards,
Tom

Hi @TomNVIDIA - any update on where things are? Cheers Dan

Hi @dan_collier

Sorry, there has been no update from the Codeworks team.

I would be happy to help in making CodeWorks for Android an Open Source project to maintain it for the foreseeable future. It is a crucial part of our Android Development toolchain and we need this available and up to date.

1 Like

Hello Everyone, I am pleased to announce that we are making the Nsight Visual Studio Edition for Tegra source code available to developers. The source code is free of charge and licensed under the NVIDIA Proprietary license. Developers wanting access will have to comply with the EULA terms requiring to license back to NVIDIA any modifications to the code base. The rationale for this is to allow NVIDIA to integrate these changes and provide updated drops to share with everyone using the code base. For anyone requesting access - please email nsight-tegra-contrib@nvidia.com with a professional email address and we will grant you an account access in our CRM. Thanks for your patience, -s

1 Like

Hey, great news!! However, I sent off an email a few hours ago and received the following error in response - any help would be appreciated! :

Your message can’t be delivered because delivery to this address is restricted.
For more information about this issue see DSN code 5.7.1 in Exchange Online.
The following organization rejected your message: HQMAIL101.nvidia.com.
Diagnostic information for administrators:
Generating server: DRHQMAIL109.nvidia.com
PF-Nsight-Tegra-contrib1@exchange.nvidia.com
HQMAIL101.nvidia.com
Remote Server returned ‘550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.AuthRequired; authentication required [Stage: CreateMessage]’

@softweir can you double check the email address you used? it should be nsight-tegra-contrib@nvidia.com (I see an extra ‘1’ in your delivery error message). We received a few requests from others already so it should work.

Thanks for getting back to me so quick! Yeah, I did send it to that address - notice it also has PF- in front of it; I believe that is just internal names or something.

Could it be because my email domain is .ca, as in @softweir.ca - could that be the issue? We could discuss this over private message if that is easier.

Hey all - if anyone that has signed up would like to collaborate on these updates please DM me - send either email or discord info and we can get a group together to work on the changes. Cheers Dan

I have made it with Android 10 but no google service test.
First download andoird sdk 29 with Android Studio.(C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platforms\android-29)
Second copy it to C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\platforms
Third rename android-29 to android-28 and select target API version to 28.
but if you want to support more version
open the folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Platforms\Tegra-Android

find the related setting files(android_general_make.xml and else…)
find out xml
add more support to it…this should be works?

@fatmingwanghhb94 - I’m away on holiday at the moment - but I’ll take a look when I get back in 2 weeks. Cheers Dan

@fatmingwanghhb94 - have you signed up to the Nvidia developer agreement to look at the code? Cheers Dan

Good day Dan
I have convert my project to VS Andoied,
Here is my example project

Hope this can help you

1 Like

hi @TomK I want a update from codeworks team.

hi @geortzgeortz - the update is in the thread above - Nvidia aren’t updating CodeWorks anymore - but they have made the sourcecode available under agreement - if you sign the agreement you can work on the source code. I’m trying to get people together to work on this. So if you want to - please sign the agreement and DM me. Cheers Dan

1 Like

I’m also looking for it but I couldn’t find the source code for Code Works. If I will find then I will continue to work with it & update it.

Hello @user15756 and welcome to the NVIDIA developer community!

Please refer to this older post about how you can get access to the source code.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!
Markus

Hey Markus, I tried emailing the given address but the email is getting bounced back with this response. Is this offer still available?

Thanks!

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

PFSharedMbx-Nsight-Tegra-contrib@nvidia.com

Your message couldn’t be delivered to a public folder because delivery to this address is restricted to authenticated senders. If the problem continues, please contact your email admin.

The following organization rejected your message: rnnvmail204.nvidia.com.

If anyone stumbles on this in the future you might want to try this google solution instead - Android Game Development Extension for Visual Studio  |  Android game development  |  Android Developers

1 Like