Coding Error: in _Save at line 4443 of E:\w\ca6c508eae419cf8\USD\pxr\usd\sdf\layer.cpp -- Unable to get modification timestamp

Hello,

I’ve a strange problem when saving an usd stage…

What I`m doing:

1. Create a stage with UsdStage::CreateNew(stageUrl);
  2. Add some prims etc. (basically I`m creating a mesh)
  3. geometryStage->Save();
  4. geometryStage->Reset():

When doing this against a Nucleus on Windows this works just fine. But when I do it against a linux based enterprise Nucleus in some cases (not all) I get the following error on the console (nothing else, no creash etc.)…

Coding Error: in _Save at line 4443 of E:\w\ca6c508eae419cf8\USD\pxr\usd\sdf\layer.cpp – Unable to get modification timestamp for ‘omniverse://xxxDevelopment/Assets/Catalog/ig_gfx_Casarista_Sofa_SeatCushion_CA_70_geo_standard_ctm.usd (omniverse://xxx/Development/Assets/Catalog/ig_gfx_Casarista_Sofa_SeatCushion_CA_70_geo_standard_ctm.usd)’

The result is a 492 bytes large usd file (an empty stage).

The problem is reproduceable… it happens always with the same meshes, but only under linux hosted enterprise Nucleus…

We would like to go live with our solution, bu of course we want to use out enterprise Nucleus for that… but this is a show stopper for us at the moment.

Thanks for your help

Carl

Even stranger:

I’ve tried zwei other approaches too…

1. Create an In-Memory-Stage and the call Export

2. Create the stage directly in the nucleus root (at first I thought it is a problem with a too long path), that save the stage and after that move it to the desired location

Both approaches result in the same behavior…

When looking with the nucleus navigator the files are created (this time with the correct size instead of 492b)…

But those files are not “really” on the nucleus… when connecting to nucleus with create for example, I cannot see those files…

But with navigator I can still see (and even download) them… even after restarting navigator…

…I`m totally lost :-)