Compilation issue with gstomx

Hi there,

I’m trying to build gstomx library from L4T 28.2.1 using the sources from: https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/sources-r2821. I am running into an issue at the moment while building its dependency library, gstegl.

I’m following the steps from the README file:

1. Untar the package and enter the dir
  2. ./configure
  3. make
  4. make install

and I have installed the installed the necessary prerequisites for this library with apt-get install.

This is my output when I run make:

Making all in po
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/nvidia/Downloads/public_release/gstegl_src/gst-egl/po'
make .pot-update
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/nvidia/Downloads/public_release/gstegl_src/gst-egl/po'
make[3]: *** No rule to make target '<b>../ext/gsettings/org.freedesktop.gstreamer.default-elements.gschema.xml.in</b>', needed by '.pot-update'.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/nvidia/Downloads/public_release/gstegl_src/gst-egl/po'
Makefile:252: recipe for target '.pot' failed
make[2]: *** [.pot] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/nvidia/Downloads/public_release/gstegl_src/gst-egl/po'
Makefile:713: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed

Basically, the make fails while trying to compile bits from po folder.

When looking at the Makefile from po folder, it looks like the missing file is from gst-plugins-bad library.

Any idea on how to point the Makefile to the correct location in order to successfully build gstegl?

Thanks,

B.

Ok, figured out the issue. These are the steps I’ve used (there was a missing step in README file):

1. Untar the package and enter the dir
    2) ./autogen.sh
  2. ./configure
  3. make
  4. make install