Compiling previously written program in PVF (_ISNAN)

Previously, we’ve been using the old Compaq fortran compiler, and since it has been dropped a long time ago, we are looking into the recent additions to the fortran arena. We purchased a full license of PVF Workstation Complete and are trying to get our code to compile. Most errors and warnings that have come up, have been dealt with easily, but I can’t figure out what to do for this particular error.

The code compiles fine, but when linking (building?), I get the error: "unresolved external symbol _ISNAN@4 referenced in function _LINTERP@24.

My issue is this, there is no call to ISNAN or _ISNAN in this routine… in fact the code is as follows:
SUBROUTINE LINTERP(XLO,XHI,X,YLO,YHI,Y)
REAL*8 XHI, XLO, YHI, YLO, Y, SCALEVAL, X

SCALEVAL = (X - XLO)/(XHI - XLO)
Y = (SCALEVAL * (YHI - YLO)) + YLO

RETURN
END SUBROUTINE

I can only assume that the ‘/’ operator is invoking the _ISNAN function.

Can anyone tell me how to get this to compile or to resolve the _ISNAN function so that I can move forward? I’m sure other link errors will arise but until I get past this one, I can’t get anywhere.

Thanks,
Mitchell Brown

Hi Mitchell,

I ask one of our PVF engineers to take a look. He make a wrapper program for your subroutine and was able to successfully compile it on both Win32 and Win64. Also, I looked at the assembly and saw no calls being generated in this routine suggesting that the error is being caused elsewhere.

What version of PVF and Windows are you using? Have you change any default property values? Are you using the “debug” or “release” configuration?

Also, can you please add “-Manno -Mkeepasm” to “Properties|Fortran|Command Line|Additional Options” and send the resulting “.s” file for LINTERP to trs@pgroup.com and ask Customer Service to forward you main to me?

Thanks,
Mat