Computer wont start after driver update

Hello!
First of all, i’m a biochemist so i don’t have an extensive bg on tech, so i’m sorry if i’m being too obtuse.
I have a notebook with a GTX 1650, with dualboot set with Win 10 and Ubuntu 22.04, and a few hours ago i had to update GPU driver’s in ubuntu because the new version (2024-1) of schrodinger’s maestro suite asked me to so, i installed the one that i assumed was the last one, based on the higher number (550), using the driver update tool of ubuntu, and after that and a reboot, the computer didn’t want to start well, it doesn’t let me use the mouse or keyboard to get a .log of the problem and is stuck on a 840x640 resolution. I think it was the driver update because it was working correctly before. What can i do?
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (91.5 KB)

Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post.

Hi! do i enter in safe mode or use a flash unit?

You can select recovery mode in grub menu (hold down shift on boot to display the menu).

I’m sorry for the delay, i had to mount a flash drive and i hadn’t one at hand

You have a hybrid graphics notebook with the intel igpu being primary. Furthermore you’re running some oraacle oem kernel (why?) with a missing i915 driver. Please try installing it by running
sudo apt install linux-modules-extra-$(uname -r)

Previously i supposedly set the NVIDIA GPU as primary, but i see that it didn’t work. I don’t know about Oracle, when i started on safe mode, it had multiple options, i hit the first that said “recovery mode” and it said Oracle, other than that, i truly don’t know.
i should use your line on recovery mode too?

Yes, should be the same kernel.

Unfortunately it doesn’t have internet access i think, even “ping” command doesn’t work. Should i just give up, wipe up and install the OS from scratch?

Looks like all network drivers are missing as well. You could manually download the driver package
http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/l/linux-oracle-6.5/linux-modules-extra-6.5.0-1016-oracle_6.5.0-1016.16~22.04.1_amd64.deb
Or just do a clean install from scratch.

Thank you so much for your patience, i’ll go for the clean install, i hope it gets fixed with that.
In this context i would like to ask you, as someone who did rote apt update and upgrade, how and what drivers should i use?, because the last one clearly messed things up in my PC

After base install, you should check if the intel gpu is working, glxinfo -B should give you “Mesa Intel”. Only if that’s working you can continue using Software&Updates to install the latest nvidia-driver. Most extra drivers are in the package linux-modules-extra, installable for the running kernel using
sudo apt install linux-modules-extra-$(uname -r)

I’m sorry for the delay, since i wasn’t on the lab on the pc with my nvidia account open, thank you so much for the help. I did as you said and after reinstalling ubuntu got it all running just fine.