Configuring NvMedia ISP / binary blob files

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after clicking “+ Create Topic”):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

I am trying to process a raw image using the NvMedia ISP API (nvmedia_isp.h) in order to get the histogram. Unfortunately the image comes out purple (the green channel is missing) and the histogram registers all pixels in the top bins. I believe the ISP is not configured correctly. We have a camera_overrides.isp, but I’m not sure how these settings would need to be loaded. I am currently manually setting some of the key settings, like the colour calibration matrix, using the ISP API.

I see there is a function called NvMediaISPSettingsLoadConfig, but it expects a binary blob file. How can I create or obtain such a blob file? I have a .nito file for this sensor, but apparently this isn’t the binary format that is expected here, because the call fails if I try to load that.

Anyone have any tips either to the source of the problems or how to load the ISP configuration?

(As a sidenote: the component I’m integrating this into is currently using SIPL, the surfaces I use as source and destination are the ones returned by SIPL. If the image is processed using SIPL, it looks fine, but I don’t see the option to get the histogram there under 5.1.6.)

Dear @kornel.lehocz.ext,
Is it different issue than reported in Getting histogram data in 5.1.6 ?

“Is it different issue than reported in Getting histogram data in 5.1.6 ?”

• No, but there are many issues mentioned in the other, here I more specifically try to ask about the blob file format / ISP configuration.

Hi @kornel.lehocz.ext ,

ISP tuning is only supported for those camera vendors listed in DRIVE Ecosystem - Hardware and Software | NVIDIA Developer (not via the forum).
May we know which camera module you are using and how you got the tuning files? Thanks.

This is the Sony IMX390. My question is not about ISP tuning, but just getting the camera to produce an image, which also contains the green channel, with the NvMedia ISP API. It works fine with SIPL.

Dear @kornel.lehocz.ext,
May I know the full camera module?