Confused & New Any Assistance would be greatly appreciated

Earlier this year I bought a new Compaq Presario Desktop CQ 5210F with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit pre-installed which included the nVidia 6150 SE n force 430. On the bottom front of the tower there are three emblems indicating different pre-installed components of the system: 1) a Microsoft emblem designating the installed Windows 7 OS; 2) an AMD emblem indicating the processor; and 3) a nVidia emblem that says " GeForce with CUDA". I was excited about the potential of utilizing several new software purchases that are designed to work with CUDA technology; however, the nVidia 6150 SE n force 430 is not listed as a CUDA enabled GPU. Is this correct? And if so, why would the computer come with that emblem posted on the front? Thank you in advance for any insight into this…

Earlier this year I bought a new Compaq Presario Desktop CQ 5210F with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit pre-installed which included the nVidia 6150 SE n force 430. On the bottom front of the tower there are three emblems indicating different pre-installed components of the system: 1) a Microsoft emblem designating the installed Windows 7 OS; 2) an AMD emblem indicating the processor; and 3) a nVidia emblem that says " GeForce with CUDA". I was excited about the potential of utilizing several new software purchases that are designed to work with CUDA technology; however, the nVidia 6150 SE n force 430 is not listed as a CUDA enabled GPU. Is this correct? And if so, why would the computer come with that emblem posted on the front? Thank you in advance for any insight into this…

Use the free GPU-z tool to determine the CUDA compatibility of your video card. Also consider updating the driver to the latest available version. If you don’t see any CUDA capabilities indicated, then the sticker might be even more of a lie than the “Vista Capable” sticker on some Intel graphics based PCs that prompted a class action lawsuit against Intel External Image

Use the free GPU-z tool to determine the CUDA compatibility of your video card. Also consider updating the driver to the latest available version. If you don’t see any CUDA capabilities indicated, then the sticker might be even more of a lie than the “Vista Capable” sticker on some Intel graphics based PCs that prompted a class action lawsuit against Intel External Image

It looks like that GPU was released the summer of 2006, which is before CUDA was even announced by NVIDIA. Since pretty much every new NVIDIA GPU after Dec 2006 has been CUDA capable, it’s quite likely the hardware makers now have a big stack of “GeForce with CUDA” stickers and don’t actually check if the specific GeForce in the system actually supports CUDA. To be honest, I’m surprised GPUs this old are still being put into new computers.

If GPU-Z confirms that this GPU doesn’t have some secret CUDA ability, you should at a minimum complain to Compaq for deceptive advertising.

It looks like that GPU was released the summer of 2006, which is before CUDA was even announced by NVIDIA. Since pretty much every new NVIDIA GPU after Dec 2006 has been CUDA capable, it’s quite likely the hardware makers now have a big stack of “GeForce with CUDA” stickers and don’t actually check if the specific GeForce in the system actually supports CUDA. To be honest, I’m surprised GPUs this old are still being put into new computers.

If GPU-Z confirms that this GPU doesn’t have some secret CUDA ability, you should at a minimum complain to Compaq for deceptive advertising.