connect a microphone and speaker to the kit

hi
I want to know how i can connect a microphone and a speaker to the kit and make a external module usb and connect it ?

I’ve used a USB headset with 7.1 surround sound, and this worked via pulse audio on a “mumble” audio chat client. When it comes to USB audio headsets, a lot of chip sets in them will “just work”, but might need mixer settings adjusted…the nice thing about a mumble chat client is that it has built in ability to work with mixers, and so is fairly painless to set up. I suspect the same is true for USB audio breakout devices, e.g., a USB-to-stereo+mic adapter is probably just a case of the mixer adjustments.

If you are looking to create something via the expansion header, this is a whole different level since i2s is simply a pipeline protocol.

yes i want to use i2s to connect the microphone and the speaker because the kit have only one usb3 and i will use it to connect a cam.

i2s is a serial audio interconnect protocol (this can pipe different types of audio, but is not in itself audio, e.g., it is not S/PDIF without additional support). The JTX1 has i2s provided to the J21 header. This would typically be combined with a chip providing an audio CODEC for whatever process you are interested in…e.g., voice communications CODEC, Dolby Surround Sound, so on. This chip would need matching CODECs supported within JTX1, but JTX1 supports most anything you would be interested in (voice, S/PDIF, so on)…choices are mostly about the complexity of the breakout board CODEC chip you would have to create. This can be bidirectional, so a microphone in could be added using a suitable CODEC, along with something like stereo out.

Ok
so can you send me a link to the chip that make the connection between the JTX1 and the microphone and the speaker and how the connection to be.
this is the board that i have found
AUDIO CODEC BOARD PROTO
http://www.ekt2.com/products/productdetails?ProductId=9ba47be3-ea4d-4785-8f40-9c0b30da48e8
then i want to know how i setup on the os of the board ?

This particular board requires SPI and I2C. The J21 header breakout provides I2S, which is unrelated to I2C. If you use the I2C/SPI route, you have a lot more work ahead of you. I’d advise a different CODEC which supports I2S. See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%C2%B2S

i had read this item very will, all that i want to know that the connection between the speaker and the microphone is directly in the kit that GND and SIGNAL IN for the microphone and SIGNAL OUT for the speaker to the I2S, and if yes, what pins of the I2S are ?? or this is an other method to connect it to the KIT ?

I2S is completely missing on the Mikro board. Jetson TX1 provides audio support directly to I2S. The Mikro board has no ability to use I2S. Speaker and microphone attach to the Mikro board, but there is no way to connect the Mikro to JTX1 without developing software to substitute for I2S. The I2C and SPI could be made to work, but only with great effort.

I just thought more about this. The JTX1 has two USB connectors, not one. The USB3 is the full-size connector. Most people think about the micro USB connector as only for flash, but this isn’t the case. The micro connector is “on the go” (OTG), which means it accepts either type A (ordinary USB) or type B (the flash cable) micro connectors.

If you use a micro-A instead of a micro-B USB cable, you have a complete second USB2 connection, suitable for full surround sound audio or more. There was a short micro-to-full-sized USB adapter that should have come with the JTX1…note that there is “A” stamped on the connector…this allows plugging in a regular full-size USB cable and connecting things like sound cards, keyboards, mice, so on. There are actually many USB to mic+stereo adapters at places like NewEgg which should do the job. You only have to mess with the i2s if you plan on something the USB can’t handle.

i want to use the microphone in speech recognition and the speaker to replay with it and i want to save the usbs to any other connection.

If you do not want to use the micro-USB connector for this, then you will probably have to go back to the original idea of using i2s hardware. It’s probably easier to build your own i2s board than to use someone else’s i2c/spi board, as JTX1 already has i2s set up. Even if you had a turnkey i2s board though, there would still be at least some work ahead to route the proper internal CODEC to the i2s…which is not likely to be difficult if pulse audio sees this, but you won’t know until you try.