Connecting a 6 channel RC Radio Controller to Jetson

Hey friends, i have a Jetson nano, a 16-Channel 12-bit PWM/Servo Driver, and a RC car.

I figured out how to use my nano to control servos using the servo driver card, but any idea how to get 6 channels of input from my radio controller to my Jetson?

My goal is to track my steering and throttle inputs directly from my controller, to my nano, straight to my car.
eg.
RC Controller → Nano → servo driver → Car

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Please check if can gain some idea from Nvidia Jetson Self-driving RC Truck with Inductive Charging - Jetson & Embedded Systems / Jetson Projects - NVIDIA Developer Forums

kayccc, this link wasn’t really helpful.

I want to use my nano to track my human inputs so i can later use that to train a model from.

I have been able to figure out how to control a servo and a continuous motor from a jetson using a servo controller. The part i’m trying to figure out is how to receive inputs from a radio control receiver.

I also tried enabling pwm via /opt/nvidia/jetson-io/jetson-io.py on pin 32 and 33.
then tried using Jetson.GPIO

none of this is working.

Is this use case possible?

Most of the stuff i was able to find online people were able to do on a Arduino or Raspberry Pi. (RC Hobby Controllers and Arduino - SparkFun Electronics) but i don’t want to give up on my jetson nano.

hello JamesCEO,

here’s related discussion thread for using Nano’s PWM, Running two simple DC motors (5 Amp) Forward and Backward in Jetson Nano
please have implementation, you may have a table for mapping your input settings to the target pwm values.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.