Connecting Jetson Nano to TV

When I’m connecting my Jetson Nano Developer Kit to TV with 1080p resolution by HDMI, the TV logs following error:

tegradc tegradc.1: dpd enable lookup fail:-19
imx219 7-0010: imx219_board_setup: error during i2c read probe (-121)
imx219 7-0010: board setup failed
imx219 8-0010: imx219_board_setup: error during i2c read probe (-121)
imx219 8-0010: board setup failed
not writing through dangling symlink ‘etc/resolv.conf’
cgroup: cgroup2: unknown option “nsdelegate”
using random self ethernet address
using random host ethernet address
random: crng init done
random: 7 urandom warning(s) missed due to ratelimiting
using random self ethernet address
using random host ethernet address
CPU2: shutdown
CPU3: shutdown

It also mentioned setup request failed: -22 in some boot cases. Does anyone know why exactly the boot failed? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

This log is not boot failure, they happened to everyone’s jetson nano when system boots up.

Please take this more like some warnings.

But is it normal to have two CPUs shut down when booting? Thanks.

Yes. When different power mode is in use, different CPU core # will be online.

Thanks a lot. But I’ve tried bitting again and this time edid invalid pops up afterCPU3: shutdown and the boot fails again. What does it mean?

Is your monitor able to have the ubuntu desktop and correct resolution as your expectation?

It has a 1080p resolution that should work fine, but I have never succeeded in booting in it. But I’m having the power supply switched to DC input, does it affect the booting?

Hi,

I mean are you able to see the desktop shown on the monitor when you connect jetson nano to it?

Not asking whether your monitor is fine or not. Every users here all says their monitors are fine.

No I can’t see the login screen, but just the log screen that I mentioned.

Hi,

It possibly means the desktop fails to launch. There are lots of reason that could cause this. But it has no matter with your monitor. When the time your monitor is able to see log, your monitor is supported.

If you want us to analyze, you can try to use the uart console to access to the board and dump dmesg and /var/log/Xog.0.log.

https://elinux.org/Jetson/General_debug

Or just directly re-flash your board with sdkamanger again.

Ok thanks a lot I’ll try to do so

Hi, I solve the issue by connecting Jetson nano to the monitor when I have connected it to my computer by VNC. After doing so, my monitor is able to display the screen and continue to do so directly after boot up. Thanks a lot for the moderator’s help.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.