Connecting to a NVIDIA Cloud based License Server trough a authenticated Proxy

I just watched your youtube video about setting up the NVIDIA Cloud Based Licensing server: Get your vGPU PoC running with NVIDIA Cloud Licensing Service - YouTube in order to license the VDI GPUs.

Great Video!

For me there some details are missing if someone would use a authenticated Proxy between clients (VDIs) and that cloud based license service.

In order to get our VDIs to connect to this cloud service we would need to connect though an authenticated proxy. As Alternative we could ask for some proxy exception but then we would need a list of URLs to allow that which we could not find.

The other way could be a possibility to add proxy credentials to the Client (VDI) so it can authenticate to our proxy. I checked already the documentation but could not find a way to do so.

Can you help me?

thanks a lot an have a great day.
cheers David.

Hello David
Did you ever get a solution for your problem? I’m in front of the same.
THX
Roger

Hi Roger,

could you please explain in more detail what is your issue? Proxy support for CLS is an upcoming feature but would be helpful to get the proxy server vendor for example.
If you need to exclude specific host names in the FW as a workaround you will get the necessary information from our documentation or support team.

regards
Simon

Hello Simon

Thanxs for the answer. That mean at the moment its not possible to let talk the grid true a proxy with the cls?

regards
Roger

Hello Simon

And yes i need the host names, and they are not in any documentation i found. So i’ll contact the support team.

regards
Roger

Hi Roger!

Sorry for the late answer, we ended up installing the on premise Appliance (NLS) since it could not authenticate to our proxy. Now the Update for Version 15 is on my desk and i think about moving to the Cloud Licensing Server. I saw in the release notes Proxys are now supported.

Did you end up opening some URLs… or did you manage to run licensing through the proxy?

Thanks a lot

Kind Regards David