Connecting two devices over PCIe

Hi, i am looking into making custom baseboard for Jetson Nano. I would like to connect both storage and WiFi, since it would be very simple to connect NVME/PCIe based SSD to jetson nano and WiFi modules don’t offer AP mode over USB, I figured that it would be best to connect both over PCIe.
Is it as easy as to split lanes from jetson x4 pcie into two connectors, and to just use 1:2 pcie clock distribution device.
Or such split is impossible at all, and i have to look towards either PCIe switch which is too expensive option, or should i look into connecting storage over USB3.

Hi smaztom, there is one PCIe controller that can run in x4/x2/x1 mode, but if you need to bifurcate the lanes to connect multiple PCIe endpoints, then you would need to use a PCIe switch to accomplish this. Otherwise you should look to USB3 for more connections.

rtwn0: <Realtek 802.11n WLAN Adapter, class 0/0, rev 2.00/2.00, addr 3> on usbus1
rtwn0: MAC/BB RTL8188CUS, RF 6052 1T1R

this is my freebsd box, but the edimax and other clones running that chipset support hostap.

the only problem is they’re only 150M.