Connection neo-6m gps module to jetson nano

Hello, I’m pretty new to Jetson nano.

I wanted to get GPS infos through the neo-6m gps module I have found plenty documents about this module and raspberry pi like this, but I couldn’t find anything in jetson.

I have connected GND, RX, TX, 5V pins as it guides, but when I try to follow their configuration, I failed from the start. I couldn’t find configuration files from Jetson-nano like raspberry’s /dev/config.txt.
I have checked ttyTH1, ttyTH2, ttyS0 serial ports, but couldn’t , check any data stream, it just displays nothing. I have installed gpsd gpsd-clients

The question is what should I do, in order to make the connection? Should I use another GPS module?

Best regards,
Munkhdelgerekh

I know nothing of this particular hardware, but the UART part is very much standard and interchangeable. If you are using the serial UART which is running the serial console though, then it wil fail until you disable serial console. It is better to use a different UART pin, but that changes with carrier board and such.

Run this command on the Jetson side against whichever device you are using to see which group this is associated with (this lists a lot of UARTs, I don’t know which one you are using):
ls -l /dev/ttyS* /dev/ttyTHS* /dev/ttyTCU*

Note that these will either be group tty or group dialout. My guess is that you’re using one marked as group dialout, which will interfere. If so, then you can disable serial console without much trouble (at least in Linux, there is more effort if you need this disabled in the boot stages):

# Temporary stop:
sudo systemctl stop nvgetty.service
# Do this too to prevent restart:
sudo systemctl disable nvgetty.service

(only do this if group tty is interfering with the particular UART you are using)

Additionally, if you are running your program as a regular user and not as root (not with sudo), then you will want to add your user to supplemental group dialout. I’ll pretend your user name is “nvidia”, and so you would append to this group via:
sudo -aG dialout nvidia

Trivia: You could, in a similar way, add your user to group gpio: sudo usermod -aG gpio nvidia.

After that you might try your software again. Serial console might have been interfering. Also, some such hardware does require setting up GPIO in some manner, and this might require using the PINMUX spreadsheet to change GPIO settings (you see a list of pin functions in the spreadsheet, alter one, and with a macro generate a new device tree to copy into “/boot”…but wait to see how the other steps work after the above is checked).

If this does fail, then you’ll want to describe exactly which Nano model (there are for example 2 GB models, and non-dev kit third party boards), and exactly which software you are using with which GPIO (if any). I won’t be able to help with most of that, but it’ll get you headed in the right direction.