ConnectX®-3 EN vs Ubuntu 13.04

Hi, New to the Mellanox community and trying to figure out my way around after using another vendors cards for the last few years.

I have a mxc311a-xcat single port 10g card. Ubuntu 13.04 seems to come out of the box with drivers that work with the card:

ethtool -i p6p1

driver: mlx4_en

version: 2.0 (Dec 2011)

firmware-version: 2.11.500

bus-info: 0000:02:00.0

supports-statistics: yes

supports-test: yes

supports-eeprom-access: no

supports-register-dump: no

supports-priv-flags: no

Is this the latest driver for the card?

I tried downloading mlnx-en-2.0-3.0.0.tgz but after installing some dependencies:

apt-get install dpkg-dev autotools-dev dkms debhelper zlib1g-dev rpm

and running:

./install.sh

success was reported but I didn’t find any new .ko modules. Is that to be expected?

Thanks. – Bud

Hi,

I have reviewed the supported OS in the EN driver, and Ubuntu is not supported, you can see the full list:

Mellanox Technologies Ethernet OS Distributors

Mellanox OFED supports Ubuntu 12.04, I noticed you’re using 13.04, so recommend waiting for new release.

Mellanox OFED version 2.1-3.0.0 should be released by the end of the month, can’t guarantee that, it might be delayed.

MLNX_OFED: Firmware - Driver Compatibility Matrix - Mellanox Technologies MLNX_OFED: Firmware - Driver Compatibility Matrix

Mellanox OFED is available to downloaded from Mellanox website:

Mellanox Products: Mellanox OpenFabrics Enterprise Distribution for Linux (MLNX_OFED) http://www.mellanox.com/page/products_dyn?product_family=26&mtag=linux_sw_drivers

Let me know if that works for you.