Consumer motherboard options for 2 or 4, P40s?

I bought two P40s in anticipation of hopefully running at least one of them in my Z270 classified k (mobo) based computer, while I built a new machine for both. Since I cannot get even one running at all I was wondering what I need to look for in a motherboard to be sure I can run both. Thank you so much!

I am aware of the need to actively cool them.

Mother board post codes: ‘Platform PCI resource requirements cannot be met’

Error: NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn’t communicate with the NVIDIA driver.

PSU: CX750M (I am using a EPS 12v adapter)

Hi there @j84woodard and welcome to the NVIDIA developer forums.

P40 GPUs are data center GPUs and as such not recommended for Desktop PC use. That means there is no guarantee that you will get any to work on consumer Motherboards in the first place. Let alone 2 or 4 at a time.

But one good candidate that will cause PCI resource issues is BAR. On newer Motherboards and BIOSes there is an option called “Above 4G decoding”. Depending on which Z270 exactly you have, there might be a BIOS update allowing you to enable this.

Another might be too many PCIe devices requiring more than the available PCIe lanes available from the system. If I am not mistaken the P40 might need at least PCIe x4 to run.

I think that is as far as I can help here for now.

Good luck!