Is there possible to use ops::VideoStreamRecorderOp operator to achieve the following goals at runtime:
- Start and stop when some conditions met, such as user clicks buttons.
- Record to different file name for each recording.
- Split the record file name for every N size, such as a_1.mp4, a_2.mp4 with size 10MB each.
- H265 encoding.
- There currently isn’t a supported and tested way to implement this functionality.
- Looking at
path in video_stream_recorder.cpp, it seems like the currently implementation of video recorder can only write to one output file from one application run, with a fixed name (predetermined
basename or receiver name), and different file names is also not currently supported.
- Same as 2, it does not seem implemented in the current recorder.
- There isn’t H265 only H264 decoding and recording as illustrated in applications/h264_endoscopy_tool_tracking/main.cpp.
If you’d like to, could you tell us a bit more about your use case and application needs? We’re always looking for feedback for improving the SDK.
Thanks for your answer.
Here are our requirements:
- User can click start recording and stop recording at any time to start or stop recording microscope video stream.
- When recording video stream, user can ALSO click screenshot to capture current frame and save as jpg picture.
- The recording file can be splitted by file size such as every 1GB (can be configured when start recording) for each file, just like gstreamer multifilesink element.
- Supporting H265 is better!