CPU info not shown after Jetpack 2.2.1 on TX1

Hi,

I just installed Jetpack 2.2.1 on TX1 development board. Everything seems fine except the fact that CPU info is not shown on System Settings>Details. I installed ‘sysinfo’, and other than the number of CPUs (4), everything else is stated ‘unknown’ (vendor, model name, freq). I checked /proc/cpuinfo and it shows:

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo

processor	: 0
BogoMIPS	: 38.40
Features	: fp asimd aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32
CPU implementer	: 0x41
CPU architecture: 8
CPU variant	: 0x1
CPU part	: 0xd07
CPU revision	: 1

processor	: 1

processor	: 2

processor	: 3

Hardware	: jetson_tx1
Revision	: 0000
Serial		: 088403e800000000

I did not change anything on the Kernel or so, and but still, here is the output to ‘uname -a’ also:

Linux tegra-ubuntu 3.10.96-tegra #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue May 17 16:31:40 PDT 2016 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Any ideas?

On R24.1 64-bit I’m getting a package conflict if I try to install sysinfo. Apparently sysinfo uses mono-runtime, and it claims the available package is not installable. I’ve done some general package updates though, so perhaps this is related. How did you install sysinfo, and did you have any dependency issues?

When I go to system settings->details there isn’t a lot shown, and there is no CPU or general hardware listing at all…is this where you have a CPU info on yours? I’m thinking that if sysinfo adds that information, then a sysinfo package missing some requirements may not function correctly, but the GUI would try to display the output of sysinfo anyway.

Sorry I forgot to mention, I installed first the 64-bit version and then the 32-bit. Sysinfo is installed on the 32-bit version. But /proc/cpuinfo and System Details for both versions have the same ‘problem’; no CPU info at all. Other than the missing information, there is no apparent problem. System Monitor shows 4 cores’ activity.

I wanted to know if this is normal, before moving onto other things.

I have no sysinfo from “sytem settings->details”. I think this is an Ubuntu thing…there are probably other packages which can be installed to add to what is viewable through the GUI, I just don’t know what they are.

Processor field in Ubuntu System Setting → Details was empty because of missing model name in /proc/cpuinfo.
We will add this support in coming release, and user still could move onto other things without this info.

Thanks