Create 2022.3.0 essentially unusable, freezing very often

I have been trying out Omiverse Create and during 1 day it froze more than 20 times. Exporting Meshes / Textures from Substance Painter. Even just switching the lightning caused a freeze.

I’m running Win 11 on a Threadripper Pro 64 Core, 256 GB Ram, Quad 3090, and a Raid 0 with 4 M2 SSD, 2 TB each.

Should I try Win 10, or what could potentially be the issue?

I also tried 2022.2.0 with the same problem, the app is freezing on almost anything I try to do.

Hello @3dpxl! With your computer specs, this should not be happening. Could you attach a copy of your logs from Create usually found here: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\.nvidia-omniverse\logs\Kit\Create. Your logs will hopefully have more information one what the issue might be.

kit_20221107_103018.log (1.0 MB)

CreateLogs.zip (1.0 MB)

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I can only add one link, so I zipped the logs. Appreciate the effort!

1 Like

Thank you @3dpxl! Sending this over to our dev team.

Hello @3dpxl! The dev team has suggested running a test to see if the issue is with your quad 3090 stack.

First, get a Windows command prompt at the location of the desired Create version to be run. This location can be found by using the Launcher.

• Go to Launcher “Library” tab
  • Select “Create” on the left pane
  • Click on the hamburger icon and scroll down to “settings” and select
  • Choose the version of Create and click on the “folder” icon OR get path from dialog
  • Will show you path to folder that we want to get command prompt at

At the command prompt run

omni.create.singlegpu.bat --/renderer/activeGpu=0

This will set the rendering to the first GPU in the stack.

Now test out Create and let us know if you are still experiencing the same issues.

2 Likes

Looks like this solves the problem of the freezes, the application now is snappy. I’ll be looking into it tomorrow some more.

Thanks a lot for the fast response, highly appreciated.

Hello @3dpxl! The dev team asked me to have you run one more test for them if you can. Follow the same instructions as before but try this command a the prompt run:
omni.create.bat --/renderer/multiGpu/maxGpuCount=3 (or 2 as well)

If you can let us know what your system reports, that will help us improve this issue in future builds!

Thanks a lot! I will report back on friday.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.