Is there a way to use the Isaac SDK on a different workspace? Or should I develop on isaac-sdk/apps?
I’ve tried to use the create_empty_workspace script (found at isaac-sdk/engine/tools/create_empty_workspace/create_workspace.py), but it seems that it does not work well:
- boost dependencies are needed to build my packages, even if my project does not depend on it.
- same with @com_google_absl/strings
- the file isaac.bzl.tpl points to //engine instead of @com_nvidia_isaac//engine
- also, at line 235 of isaac.bzl.tpl, it is using only one $ when it should be $$
- last, the workspace name does not change (is empty_workspace)
I solved the first 2 error by adding lines 27 to 86 of isaac-sdk/WORKSPACE file. I solved the third error by adding @com_nvidia_isaac. Fourth error solved by replacing the $ with $$
Finally, I have changed my workspace structure to:
| |- BUILD (empty file created by the script)
| |- isaac.bzl (created by the script, and modified by me)
| |- my-package-1/
| | |- BUILD (this file loads @my_workspace//build:isaac.bzl)
| |- my-package-2/
| | |- BUILD
|- WORKSPACE (created by the script, modified by me)
After doing this, I was able to build a c++ project using bazel:
bazel build //packages/my-package-1:component
But still cannot build python modules.
In case I can create my own workspace, How can I build the python projects?
Thanks in advance!