Create ota package failed

I want to upgrade from Jetpack 35.1 to R35.1, change rootfs, kernel, export TARGET_BSP and BASE_BSP corresponding to different Linux_for_Tegra folders, and then use the command to create the ota upgrade package, but the creation fails, the failed log is as follows: Excuse me Why?

➜  Linux_for_Tegra echo $BASE_BSP        
/home/lw/Workspace/nvidia/Linux_for_Tegra
➜  Linux_for_Tegra echo $TARGET_BSP
/home/lw/Workspace/nvidia/upgrade/Linux_for_Tegra

➜  Linux_for_Tegra sudo -E  bash ./tools/ota_tools/version_upgrade/l4t_generate_ota_package.sh jetson-xavier-nx-devkit R35-1
Target board(JETSON_XAVIER_NX_DEVKIT) and base version(R35_1) is not supported
Failed to run "ota_validate_params jetson-xavier-nx-devkit R35-1 internal /home/lw/Workspace/nvidia/upgrade/Linux_for_Tegra/tools/ota_tools/version_upgrade/ota_board_specs.conf BOARD_SPECS_ARRAY CHIPID"
Usage: sudo ./tools/ota_tools/version_upgrade/l4t_generate_ota_package.sh [options] <target board> <bsp version>
	Where,
		<target board>: target board. Supported boards: jetson-agx-xavier-devkit, jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc.
		<bsp version>: the version of the base BSP. Supported versions: R32-7.
	options:
		-u <PKC key file>: PKC key used for odm fused board
		-v <SBK key file>: Secure Boot Key (SBK) key used for ODM fused board
		-s	Skip generating system image.
		-b	Update bootloader only. Only valid for update without layout change.
		-r	Update rootfs only. Only valid for update without layout change.
		-o	Specify the script to update rootfs partition.
		-f	Specify the rootfs image to be written to rootfs partition.
Example:
	sudo ./tools/ota_tools/version_upgrade/l4t_generate_ota_package.sh -u PKCkeyfile -v SBKkeyfile jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc R32-7

hello liwang54321,

is this a typo? may I know what exactly the base version and your target version.

In fact, I just want to upgrade from R35.1 to R35.1, not to update the jetpack version, but to update the rootfs and kernel.

Hi liwang54321,

Please try below command:

$ sudo -E  ./tools/ota_tools/version_upgrade/l4t_generate_ota_package.sh jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc R35-1

Please make sure your $BASE_BSP and $TARGET_BSP both are R35.1.

I tested it and it seems the result is the same

➜  Linux_for_Tegra echo $TARGET_BSP      
/home/lw/Workspace/nvidia/upgrade/Linux_for_Tegra
➜  Linux_for_Tegra echo $BASE_BSP 
/home/lw/Workspace/nvidia/Linux_for_Tegra
➜  Linux_for_Tegra sudo -E  ./tools/ota_tools/version_upgrade/l4t_generate_ota_package.sh jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc R35-1
Target board(JETSON_XAVIER_NX_DEVKIT_EMMC) and base version(R35_1) is not supported
Failed to run "ota_validate_params jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc R35-1 internal /home/lw/Workspace/nvidia/upgrade/Linux_for_Tegra/tools/ota_tools/version_upgrade/ota_board_specs.conf BOARD_SPECS_ARRAY CHIPID"
Usage: sudo ./tools/ota_tools/version_upgrade/l4t_generate_ota_package.sh [options] <target board> <bsp version>
	Where,
		<target board>: target board. Supported boards: jetson-agx-xavier-devkit, jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc.
		<bsp version>: the version of the base BSP. Supported versions: R32-7.
	options:
		-u <PKC key file>: PKC key used for odm fused board
		-v <SBK key file>: Secure Boot Key (SBK) key used for ODM fused board
		-s	Skip generating system image.
		-b	Update bootloader only. Only valid for update without layout change.
		-r	Update rootfs only. Only valid for update without layout change.
		-o	Specify the script to update rootfs partition.
		-f	Specify the rootfs image to be written to rootfs partition.
Example:
	sudo ./tools/ota_tools/version_upgrade/l4t_generate_ota_package.sh -u PKCkeyfile -v SBKkeyfile jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc R32-7

Hi liwang54321,

Sorry for last update.
In released R35.1, image-based OTA can only work on AGX Xavier and NX with R32.7 to R35.1.
R35.1 to R35.1 is not supported.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.