Create VPN on the Jetson Nano, and the system will hang up and reboot

Hello, I have one issue about Jetson Nano.

We need VPN function for remote technology support, but it is cannot work on the Jetson Nano board.
Ubuntu version : Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
JP version : JP4.3

I tested it on the computer with Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS, it was working.
I changed JP packet from JP4.3 to JP4.4, but it had the same issue.

Jetson Nano VPN configure step.docx (390.2 KB)
syslog.txt (1.1 MB)

1 Like

Hi,

We don’t officially VPN function on Nano. I can only let other forum users to share if there is any successful experience.

Also, system hang and reboot sounds like a kernel panic that may not be observed by syslog. You better using the serial console to check the log.

Also, please do not paste a log as image file. It is easier to check with text file.

Thank you for your reply.

Hi, were you able to get this to work? I’m experiencing the same issue when connecting to Nord VPN via command line.

I can ssh into my jetson nano remotely via zerotier (https://www.zerotier.com/ ).
I created a private network, added the device and local machine to the same virtual lan.
However, I’m unable to reconnect to my jetson nano if I remotely reboot the machine. Still working on how to solve it.

Ahh perhaps I’ve mistaken the topic of the post. I can SSH into my nano while on the local network. My problem has to do with when connecting to a VPN service (in my case NordVPN). I attempt to do this via command line and the nano hangs and has to be rebooted. Could your and my problem stem from the same source, @104306079?

I solved my issue today, the problem is actually within the internet connection. After I reboot my nano, it will not connect wifi automatically before I login the system. Unfortunately, I’m not experienced with VPN stuff … sorry there.

2 Likes

No problem! Glad you were able to solve your problem.