Creating ROS Camera

Hello,

Say, I have a Camera Primitive with path /environments/env_0_0/Camera_left. If I add a ROS Camera object at that path, and then select camera_prim_rel to have that camera - everything is OK - I can read /camera_info from rostopic echo after I press Play. I then add a ROS camera as such:

result, occluded_provider = omni.kit.commands.execute(
                  "ROSBridgeCreateCamera",
                  path=CAM_PATHNAME,
                  camera_prim_rel=[cam_prim.GetPath()],
                  resolution=Gf.Vec2i(1280, 720),
                  frame_id="camera_left",
                  camera_info_topic="/camera_info"+suffix,
                  rgb_enabled=True,
                  rgb_topic="/rgb"+suffix,
                  depth_enabled=True,
                  depth_topic="/depth"+suffix,
                  segmentation_enabled=True,
                  semantic_topic="/semantic"+suffix,
                  instance_topic="/instance"+suffix,
                  label_topic="/label",
                  bbox2d_enabled=False,
                  bbox2d_topic="/bbox_2d",
                  bbox3d_enabled=False,
                  bbox3d_topic="/bbox_3d",
                  queue_size=10,
              )

All the attributes are the same - the ROS camera object does get created, all attributes in the SIM look the same. But no topics can be read.

I figured, maybe there’s something to do with instance-ability - doesn’t affect anything.

Snippets:

The enabled/disabled boxes did not have any effect either.

I just noticed that the right camera - created in the same way with the same function, works. Whichever of the two cameras is created second - works normally, the first one doesn’t. If a camera is added manually - both the second coded camera and the manual camera work at the same time. I am confused. Is ISAAC able to publish one camera at a time?

Can you help?

Related issue: Multiple ROS cameras with Python API - Only one publishing

Sometimes Stop-Play fixes the issue, but not always from my experiments.

After creating the second camera, does a second viewport also get created?
Isaac sim can publish multiple camera’s but there must be a viewport for each one, and usually this automatically happens when play is pressed

Yes, each time there’s a new viewport that gets created - but sometimes it only one new viewport when play is pressed. Should I manually make viewports for these two cameras just to make sure it always works?

It will not use manually created viewports. Does this reproduce for you each time?
Can you provide a video/screencapture, I will file a bug.

Seems to work well in 2021.2.1 now, so I will mark the post as solved.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.