Crosscompiling Deepstream apps for production

Hi,

I’m trying to find (but haven’t been able to) the correct approach to cross compile my deepstream based apps on my host system. After that I’d turn them into debian pacakges for easy deploy on jetson nano.

I tried to build an image, chroot into it and apt install deepstream, but it doesn’t seem to be possible:

/# apt install deepstream-5.1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 deepstream-5.1 : Depends: libnvinfer7 (>= 7.1.0) but it is not installable
                  Depends: libnvinfer-dev (>= 7.1.0) but it is not installable
                  Depends: libnvparsers7 (>= 7.1.0) but it is not installable
                  Depends: libnvparsers-dev (>= 7.1.0) but it is not installable
                  Depends: libnvonnxparsers7 (>= 7.1.0) but it is not installable
                  Depends: libnvonnxparsers-dev (>= 7.1.0) but it is not installable
                  Depends: libnvinfer-plugin7 (>= 7.1.0) but it is not installable
                  Depends: libnvinfer-plugin-dev (>= 7.1.0) but it is not installable

Furthermore, I tried the steps indicated in https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t-multimedia/cross_platform_support.html, but when trying to clone the jetson device, it fails. I then found that cloning is not supported for jetson nano SD: Cloning Jetson Nano SD partition with flash.sh.

So how I’m supposed to compile my deepstreams apps on my host system?

Thanks in advance.

We do not provide cross-compiling package for deepstreamSDK now. Why not just compile your own application? How did you get deepstream-5.1 debian package?

Hi Fiona and thanks for your answer.

What do you mean by just compiling my application? I can compile it on target (jetson nano) but that’s acceptable only for the development stage. I can’t compile it on host because obviously it’s not the same architecture and it depends on deepstream capabilities.

Also not sure what you mean with your second question. I have a jetson image, mount it, chroot to it and install packages to it. Among those packets I tried to install deepstream (using apt), but its dependencies are marked as “not installable”.

1. For the clone issue. You can refer to Jetson/AGX Xavier Alternative II For Cloning - eLinux.org

2. [quote=“ddiaz, post:1, topic:180045”]
    I tried to build an image, chroot into it and apt install deepstream, but it doesn’t seem to be possible:
    [/quote]
    You mentioned you tried to build image. So I’m wondering whether the ‘deepstream-5.1’ you use in the apt install command is generated by youself.

For install the published deepstream SDK, there is detailed instruction Quickstart Guide — DeepStream 6.1.1 Release documentation. Please install the necessary dependencies before you install deepstream-5.1_5.1.0-1_arm64.deb package.