CSI-camera in JetPack 4.6 not working with "Getting started with AI on Jetson Nano" v2.0.1-r32.5.0

As absolute beginner I tried to follow this course but already have problems in getting the CSI-camera (RasPi Cam v2) to work in the provided docker container. I flashed JetPack 4.6 to an SD card and everything is set up as described in the course. I used the command line for CSI-cameras, and when trying to execute the Hello Camera (CSI) Jupyter Lab it is not working:

Error message in the docker logfile is:
OpenCV | GStreamer warning: Error opening bin: no element “nvarguscamerasrc”

With ls /dev/video* the device /dev/video0 is listed.
In the shell (not in the docker container) I can access the camera using nvgstcapture.
I can type gst-inspect-1.0 and it shows me the version 1.0.0 of the NvArgusCameraSrc plugin.

Maybe the docker container for that course is not compatible with JetPack 4.6? Do I have to install JetPack 4.5 to follow that course?

Thanks and regards
Andreas

Update: gst-inspect-1.0 nv* running Terminal within the JupyterLab revealed a warning from GStreamer: Failed to load plugin nvdli-nano: nvdli-nano.so.

But where would that come frome?

Hi @aw40239, the version of the nvdli-nano container for JetPack 4.6 has yet to be released (it should be up soon, within a day or two). So it would appear that you are trying to run the r32.5.0 version of the container meant for JetPack 4.5 on JetPack 4.6.

You can either wait for the new container to come out for r32.6.1 (JetPack 4.6) or reflash with JetPack 4.5 and continue using the r32.5.0 container.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.