CSI camera not working on JetBot/Jetson docker

I have been trying to make my CSI camera work on my Jetbot for some days. I read many old posts with different people having a similar problem. I have tried their solutions but without any success. I tried to restart nvargus_daemon (sudo systemctl restart nvargus-daemon), download additional jetpack packages, and reinstall the Jetson Nano Developer. When I tried

gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc ! ‘video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=3820, height=2464, framerate=21/1, format=NV12’ ! nvvidconv flip-method=0 ! ‘video/x-raw,width=960, height=616’ ! nvvidconv ! nvegltransform ! nveglglessink -ereboot

the camera works, but when I try to create a Camera instance, I keep receiving the same error message: RuntimeError: Could not initialize camera. Please see error trace. I think maybe the problem is on docker (jetbot/docker at master · NVIDIA-AI-IOT/jetbot · GitHub). My jet version is 0.4.3 and my LTS 32.5.0. If anyone has something to share that could help me to fix this issue, I would appreciate that.

Thank you.

RuntimeErrorTraceback (most recent call last)
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/jetbot-0.4.3-py3.6.egg/jetbot/camera/opencv_gst_camera.py in __init__(self, *args, **kwargs)
     29             if not re:
---> 30                 raise RuntimeError('Could not read image from camera.')

RuntimeError: Could not read image from camera.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

RuntimeErrorTraceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-1-87257c35b9ce> in <module>
      1 from jetbot import Camera
----> 3 camera = Camera.instance()

/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/jetbot-0.4.3-py3.6.egg/jetbot/camera/opencv_gst_camera.py in instance(*args, **kwargs)
     70     @staticmethod
     71     def instance(*args, **kwargs):
---> 72         return OpenCvGstCamera(*args, **kwargs)

/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/jetbot-0.4.3-py3.6.egg/jetbot/camera/opencv_gst_camera.py in __init__(self, *args, **kwargs)
     35             self.stop()
     36             raise RuntimeError(
---> 37                 'Could not initialize camera.  Please see error trace.')
     39         atexit.register(self.stop)

RuntimeError: Could not initialize camera.  Please see error trace.

Have a reference to below topic.

Unfortunately, I am still getting the same error, and now when I try to run gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc ! ‘video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=3820, height=2464, framerate=21/1, format=NV12’ ! nvvidconv flip-method=0 ! ‘video/x-raw,width=960, height=616’ ! nvvidconv ! nvegltransform ! nveglglessink, it doesn’t work anymore.

Using winsys: x11
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Got context from element 'eglglessink0': gst.egl.EGLDisplay=context, display=(GstEGLDisplay)NULL;

Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...

New clock: GstSystemClock

Error generated. /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/multimedia/nvgstreamer/gst-nvarguscamera/gstnvarguscamerasrc.cpp, execute:736 Failed to create CaptureSession

Got EOS from element "pipeline0".
Execution ended after 0:00:00.031032969
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

Try the command again after restart nvargus-daemon by below command.

sudo service nvargus-daemon restart

It didn’t work, but your previous answer gave me the idea of trying the jetpak 4.5 instead of 4.6. Problem solved.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.