CSI camera works on Jetpack 4.2 but not on 4.4.1

Stepping through the course “Getting Started with AI on Jetson Nano”, I started with Jetpack 4.2 but reinstalled with Jetpack 4.3.3 when the update came out.
I have a 8GB Nano with a Raspberry Pi V2 CSI camera and a USB Logitech C525 webcam.

When running the “Hello Camera” with the csi_camera.ipynb from the Jupyter notebook, the CSI camera is not detected.

ls /dev/video*
/dev/video0 /dev/video1

video0 is the CSI camera, video1 is a Logitech

python jetsonInfo.py
NVIDIA Jetson Nano (Developer Kit Version)
L4T 32.4.4 [ JetPack UNKNOWN ]
Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
Kernel Version: 4.9.140-tegra
CUDA 10.2.89
CUDA Architecture: 5.3
OpenCV version: 4.1.1
OpenCV Cuda: NO
CUDNN: 8.0.0.180
TensorRT: 7.1.3.0
Vision Works: 1.6.0.501
VPI: 0.4.4

sudo docker run --runtime nvidia -it --rm --network host --volume ~/nvdli-data:/nvdli-nano/data --device /dev/video0 nvcr.io/nvidia/dli/dli-nano-ai:v2.0.1-r32.4.4

Receive run-time error on the import CSICamera
Could not read image from camera

Camera works fine with g-streamer so it isn’t a hardware issue

gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc ! ‘video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=3820, height=2464, framerate=21/1, format=NV12’ ! nvvidconv flip-method=0 ! ‘video/x-raw,width=960, height=616’ ! nvvidconv ! nvegltransform ! nveglglessink -e

I have switched to using the USB camera and am able to continue the lab sucessfully, but I am curious why the Raspberry Pi CSI camera no longer works with Jetpack 4.4.1

hello jay_kruemcke,

thanks for issue narrow down.
sensor driver initial sequence should works normally if you’re able to see those video devices registered to /dev/,
for example,

you’d also confirmed the basic camera functionality with gstreamer pipeline,
so, you may ensure that camera hardware, its driver and also software stacks all works normally.
for example,

due to you’re launching camera with a python script.
please also dig into the script file to check which paragraph caused the failures.

there’re also some similar discussion thread, which has resolved camera freezes issue when doing image classification,
please also check Topic 159173, and Topic 158686 for reference,
thanks