CSI signal question

Hi,

We are developing custom hardware which incorporates the NX module. I am using the following dtsi file as a template for the imx304 camera:

tegra194-p2822-0000-camera-imx390-a00.dtsi

In the above dtsi file are clock definitions:

clocks = <&bpmp_clks TEGRA194_CLK_EXTPERIPH1>,
<&bpmp_clks TEGRA194_CLK_EXTPERIPH1>;
clock-names = “extperiph1”, “pllp_grtba”;
mclk = “extperiph1”;

My questions is how does TEGRA194_CLK_EXTPERIPH1 relate or get assigned to the the CSIn_CLK_x pin of the NX module? Are the clocks hardcoded to the pins? If so, how would i find this clock to pin mapping.

If you can provide an explanation or documentation about the relationship of that clock to the CSI clock pins, and how to change it, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Malcolm

hello malcolm.mcdowell,

here’s developer guide for your reference, Sensor Software Driver Programming.
please check mclk, the default value is extperiph1, and the maximum frequency is 24Mhz. please use an external clock source if you need a higher frequency.
you should also refer to Device Registration session, the default implementation is using plugin-manager. you may unregister Plugin Manager support, then add your device information to the main device tree .dtsi file.
please also access Tutorials page, here’s training video, V4L2 Sensor Driver Development Tutorial.
thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.