CSIB and CSIG cannot run at the same time, they interrupt each other ??

dear all,

Now I need to run 6 video at the same time, using 2lane data input

but  [b]CSIB and CSIG cannot run at the same time[/b], they interrupt each other ??

It is no problem for these 6 routes to run separatel   !!!!

And the first five video (CSIA/B/C/D/E)   can run at the same time, [b]except for CSIG[/b]

hello JiaZW,

1. had you confirm you already configure these 6-cam binding to six VI streams?
  2. you should also check the “position” property settings in device tree.
    please note that you should configure your six-camera system as: bottomleft, bottomright, centerleft, centerright, topleft, and topright.
  3. could you please share the commands to access CSI-B and CSI-G together for reference, thanks

dear JerryChang,

1. had you confirm you already configure these 6-cam binding to six VI streams?

YES, CSIA/B/C/D/E/G --corresponding-- VI0/1/2/3/4/5

2. you should also check the “position” property settings in device tree.

I use bottom/centerleft/ centerright/topleft/left/right

3)cmd

v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 --set-fmt-video=width=1920,height=1080,pixelformat=UYVY --stream-mmap --stream-count=1 --set-ctrl bypass_mode=0 --stream-to=/tmp/stream.yuv

hello JiaZW,

1. please refer to position property in the Sensor Software Driver Programming Guide, please follow the definition to assign your properties for your six camera modules.

2. that commands you’re shared only launch single camera for testing, what’s the commands you used to access CSI-B and CSI-G together.

dear JerryChang,

cmd:

CSIB: 
v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video1 --set-fmt-video=width=1920,height=1080,pixelformat=UYVY --stream-mmap --stream-count=100000 --set-ctrl bypass_mode=0 --stream-to=/tmp/stream.yuv  &
     CSIG
v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video5 --set-fmt-video=width=1920,height=1080,pixelformat=UYVY --stream-mmap --stream-count=100000 --set-ctrl bypass_mode=0 --stream-to=/tmp/stream.yuv  &

hello JiaZW,

I’ve confirmed locally to launch couple of CSI-B and CSI-G camera for streaming, it works as expect.
however,
there’s a known issue of v4l2 standard controls.
when more than one camera streaming with v4l2-ctl, terminate one of them would affect the others.
please apply kernel patch (devtalk1061394_Aug19_patch.tar.gz) to correct VI streaming sequence.
FYI, this change has been include in the next public release, (i.e. l4t-r32.3)
thanks
devtalk1061394_Aug19_patch.tar.gz (2.28 KB)

Dear JerryChang,

Thanks, I have a try