CUDA front end / parsing question Does an open source front end exist / how does one parse dimBlock

I am trying to build a parser for CUDA code. Specifically, I am attempting to extend an ANSI C parser to include CUDA code. I’m wondering:

(1) Am I reinventing the wheel; i.e., does an open source parser already exist?

(2) Specifically, how do I go about parsing the dimBlock an dimGrid assignments? The following isn’t standard C, certainly:

[font=“Courier New”]dim3 dimBlock(block_size);[/font]

It’s not a function declaration (despite the [font=“Courier New”]dim3[/font] type), but it doesn’t work the same a function call (because of the [font=“Courier New”]dim3[/font] type). Thanks!

-Chris

Hi, Chris!

Ad 1) Don’t know

Ad 2) dim3 is a type and dimBlock is the name of the variable of type dim3 and the whole expression is a definition with a call to the constructor.

This is an excerpt from vecot_types.h

typedef struct dim3 dim3;

/*DEVICE_BUILTIN*/

struct dim3

{

unsigned int x, y, z;

#if defined(__cplusplus)

dim3(unsigned int x = 1, unsigned int y = 1, unsigned int z = 1) : x(x), y(y), z(z) {}

dim3(uint3 v) : x(v.x), y(v.y), z(v.z) {}

operator uint3(void) { uint3 t; t.x = x; t.y = y; t.z = z; return t; }

#endif /* __cplusplus */

};

Regards

Navier

Ah–that clears things up. Thanks!

-Chris

NVIDIA forked the Open64 compiler for something (I assume as a C-parsing front-end which emits PTX in the backend), and under the terms of the GPL, NVIDIA has to release the source code:

ftp://download.nvidia.com/CUDAOpen64/nvopencc-2.2-src.tar.gz

Probably worth a look to see what’s in there, though a full-blown compiler might be too much for your needs.