Cuda-gdb path issues (NSight VS Code Extension)

NSight VS Code Edition: v2021.1.30130113
cuda-gdb version: 11.1/gdb8.3.1
container: nvcr.io/nvidia/deepstream:5.1-21.02-devel

When using the “NSight Visual Studio Code Edition” extension for VS Code, it seems that absolute paths are needed for any files passed at the command line or referenced by the application when using the cuda-gdb debugger. I encountered this while trying to step through a deepstream application example, which uses configuration file. I am guessing it is using the cuda-gdb installation location, but it would be nice to have the option to change working directory via “cwd” like in “cppdbg” so that relative paths can be used

It is also odd that you cannot enter “args” as an array like in “cppdbg”. You can only enter a single string like example configuration from launch.json below:

{
“name”: “CUDA C++: Launch”,
“type”: “cuda-gdb”,
“request”: “launch”,
“gdb”: “cuda-gdb”,
“program”: “/path/to/app/deepstream-app/deepstream-app”,
“args”: “-c /path/to/config/file/deepstream_app_config.txt”,
“stopAtEntry”: true,
“setupCommands”: [
{
“description”: “Enable pretty-printing for gdb”,
“text”: “-enable-pretty-printing”,
“ignoreFailures”: true
}
]
}

Hi @streamer_g99
I have moved your topic to the forum branch dedicated to Nsight VS Code support.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. We are planning to add support for several more launch config parameters in an upcoming release, cwd and args will be supported then.

1 Like

Great! Looking forward to it

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.