CUDA on external GPU?

If the BIOS is the problem, which I think that is my problem because the Onboard graphics/ie monitor will not stay on when I turn on the computer with the Vidock on. I have a Vidock 4 plus with a GTX-470 card trying to use it with my Sony VGN-FE870e/h. I have tried different things with the DIY Vidock software to configure it to work, but it isn’t working.

Any help would be appreciated. Not sure where to go from here.

1. If your laptop LCD has backlight on (not completely dark in a dark room), it’s probably your BIOS is stuck. Do not plug in the ViDock until you can see the bootloader/bootmgr menu.

2. If your laptop LCD’s backlight is not on (dark in a dark room), it’s probably the primary GPU is set to the card in the ViDock. In this case, you’ll have to plug a display into the ViDock to see your desktop/login screen.

You sure ViDock4 can supply 220+Watts?

Also, for the configuration tools from the DIY ViDock, you won’t be able to do much until the ViDock is plugged in. Just plug in the ViDock right before it asks you to press enter or something… never start your computer with the ViDock connected unless you already know how it works.

You should have read the last paragraph of the post right above yours :]